We are having a few Troop hikes this winter (dates below). Great prep for the 14 mile backpacking trip in March or just because you enjoy hiking. Please come join us for some fresh air and exercise.
1. Come prepared with your 10 essentials in your day pack. Wear weather appropriate clothing and bring plenty of water.
2. Be on time and have a great attitude. Scouts, no RSVP is required but be on time. Parents, if your Scout arrives late you may NOT drop off your scout and tell him to catch up with us. You must hike with your Scout until you catch up with the group or choose to join us another day.
3. Return times are approximate and will depend on the pace of the group. If you are on a tight time schedule please join us for a different hike.
4. You must sign your Scout in and give us a emergency contact number. Do NOT drop your Scout off and leave.
5. If a non Troop 511 Scout (such as a sibling) wants to hike with us the parents must hike with us also. 6. Friendly dogs on leash are welcome.
1. January 18th (Sat) 10:15am – 11:45 (approx return time).
Wake Forest Reservoir- meet near the boat ramp. We will hike 4-5 miles.
2. February 15th (Sat) 10:15 amFalls Lake – exact location TBD.
Below is the link for the Council’s District hikes if you are interested in joining them. They host hikes the first Sunday of every month 2:00-4:00.
We hope to see many of you on Saturday by 10:15.